We’ve got a wide range sizes and styles for you to choose from depending on your specific needs, and our quality products come at competitive prices for production and shipping.
PRINTING: KRAFT VS WHITE
In general, the same colour will appear darker when printed on kraft compared to white corrugate, as seen below. However, black and white appear more consistently on kraft, which make them a popular choice for that material.
DIGITAL/LITHO ARTWORK PREPARATION GUIDELINES
Structural Design of the box must be 100% approved before the structural line drawing will be released for artwork application to either sales rep or customer.
- Native vector files in .eps, .ai, or .pdf format. Vector files are the PREFERRED FILE FORMAT.
- Importing an image into Illustrator does not make it a VECTOR; it must be originally created in a vector base application.
- Minimum of 300 dpi (dots per inch) or higher resolution rastor CMYK .jpeg or .tiff. Increasing your dpi on an already low dpi file will not work
- Screenshots and web images are low resolution and not acceptable (PNG, HTML, GIF)
- If only low resolution images are available there will be a service charge to create usable files
- All files are required to be 100% on a 1:1 scale to the die line.
- Keep files layered; have artwork on a separate layer from the die line so adjustments can be made if needed.
- EMBED all images, or provide the linked images.
- BLEED art and images a minimum of 3/8" past the die cut edge.
- Seek assistance if you are not sure what the "safe veiwable areas" of the box are.
- Convert all fonts to OUTLINES to prevent font errors and have your file print ready.
FLEXO PRINT ARTWORK LAYOUT GUIDELINES
- All ARTWORK must be kept 1/2'' AWAY from all cuts and scores on slotted cartons.
- Steel die cut boxes can have print over scores and cuts and a minimum of 3/8" bleed past the die cut edge.
- Rastor files are not acceptable for making flexo print plates.
- Keep text and images bold and as large as possible: type must be 6 pt or larger.
- Lines must be 2 pt or thicker.
- Artwork containing complex shading, gradients and other effects are not recommended. Keep images solid colour for best results.
- If a colour is required other than black, a colour number must be provided: Pantone (PMS) or GCMI. GCMI COLOURS are standard in the corrugate industry and preferred by Whitebird.
- Pantone colours can be printed for an up-charge
- Colour can depend on the board colour to which the ink is being applied.
- Board colour (Kraft,White/Oyster, other) must be specified.
- If colour matching is required, a physical swatch may be required as colours cannot be matched based on how they appear on computer monitors, please ask assistance from a Whitebird representative.